Spring break has come and gone. On it's way out, it left a little reminder that things are not always for sure. One week ago today the kids were outside in their swim trunks playing in the sprinkler. Today they were bundled up in their coats with a fresh layer of snow on the ground. While they head back to school I sit here thinking about my family. They are so dear to me and I wanted to share some reasons why:
1. They bring the best out in me. Kids especially need help in just about every area imaginable. They need love, guidance, discipline, patience and a general being there for them. It allows me to really dig deep within to find out what kind of person I am.
2. They are so forgiving. I'm not a perfect person. I'm far from it. I get upset, I do things wrong, and sometimes say the wrong things at the wrong times. But notwithstanding, they still love me and give me hugs at night.
3. Their smiles and laughs melt me inside. To hear them upstairs, or in the other room playing and laughing together just makes you happy inside. When your family is happy, you are happy.
4. They teach me. I am being taught every day by my family. From things I've forgotten about school, to being nice to others. Not a day goes by without a lesson in life.
5. They are individuals. No matter what I try to teach or share with my kids, they are their own person. They are not me, they are not their mother. They are themselves 100% through and through. I would never change that for anything. They are each unique in their own way and they all have their strengths, weaknesses, likes and dislikes just like me. It definitely makes for some awesome times.
So, if you are thinking about the reasons you love your family like I am now. Be sure to let them know how much you love and care for them. Give them hugs, do something special for them. Don't let a day go by without expressing to them your feelings toward them.